Man gets ‘super hot’ after putting his hand in a hot water bottle

A Melbourne man who spent four days in a hospital after his hand was “super hot” after putting it in a water bottle is recovering after his family and friends came to his aid.

The man was in hospital on Sunday night after getting a shock when he put his hand inside a hot plastic water bottle in a public bathroom at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

The bottle hit the floor and the man was treated for heat stroke and dehydration.

He went into the emergency room after his friends called police to report the incident.

The ABC understands he is in a stable condition and is expected to make a full recovery.

The incident happened around 11:30pm on Saturday night.

Police said the man’s hand was super hot, causing him to fall into a pool of water.

The pool of hot water was quickly drained away and the person was quickly assessed.

A statement from Melbourne Cricket ground said the club “took swift and appropriate action” to remove the man from the premises and the incident is under investigation.

It said the person had been advised not to play cricket again.

“We are aware of an incident at the Victorian Cricket Ground involving a player and are fully investigating,” it said.

A spokeswoman for the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority said they were aware of the incident and were in the process of contacting the Victorian Football Association and the AFL.

“The association is liaising with Victorian police and the Victorian AFL about the incident,” the statement said.

The AFL said it was in close contact with the Victorian football union and would provide any assistance.

The Victorian Football League said the matter was “under investigation”.

The AFL told the ABC it was “looking into the matter”.

A spokesman for the AFL said: “The AFL has no further comment at this time.”